Targeted groups include but not limited to abandoned pregnant teenagers it includes those living with HIV, rural indigent women and children suffering various forms of ailments and incapable of self support, and who find it difficult to access primary health care. Others are those whose primary health care facilities are not equipped and lack basic supply of instruments and drugs, and those living in communities where there are no available or functional primary healthcare facilities.
Above all there are those with chronic and severe ailments that are not diagnosed and who through this program can get help, they could be diagnosed and such people would be referred to tertiary institution for treatment. It is noteworthy therefore; that this organization could support identified bad cases that have been referred to tertiary healthcare institutions.
How we reach these targeted groups.
We reach and identify our targeted groups using the following media:
- Advocacy visit to community and religious leaders, heads of schools etc before embarking on the mission.
- Intervention with youths, teachers, women groups, social and cultural groups.
- Visit to major markets and schools
- Co-operation and referrals from NGO/NPOs in the area
- Co-operation and information from individuals including relatives or friends of these abandoned pregnant teenagers.
Self identification by the abandoned pregnant teenagers themselves.